Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A New Tablerunner

In the last week, my husband and I have been doing some redecorating in various rooms of our home.  Every once in awhile it's nice to put some fresh new paint on the walls, change out the window treatments, etc. 

So once the walls started coming alive, I decided that I needed something new and pretty for my kitchen table and started searching my stash for fabrics that would coordinate with my kitchen window treatments.  My search took me to Bittersweet by Nancy Halvorsen.  This fabric was originally purchased for my Cornucopia of Thanks quilt.  Even so, I couldn't resist using it because it matched my kitchen colors perfectly.  I found a pattern in my pattern drawer from Atkinson Designs and put together this easy and fun to sew tablerunner:
I think I am going to make some other cute kitchen accessories with this fabric too like potholders and maybe use as a border for some tea towels.  My tablerunner needs to be quilted and bound, and I will do that today.  It really cheers up my table!
I will have to buy some more of the Bittersweet fabric so I will have enough to finish my Cornucopia of Thanks blocks but that's okay because fabric shopping is definitely high on the list of my favorite things to do : )
Wishing all of you a great day and hope that you get a little free time to sew.

Until next time . . .
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment