Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I've been wanting to start another sampler quilt and when Pat, one of my dear cyber friends, suggested joining her to make The Farmer's Wife Sampler, I knew it was the one for me.  Not only do I like the design of this quilt but it's always fun to make a quilt along with friends who are doing the same thing.  There's not much on my design wall yet but hopefully there will be soon! 

Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda
With all of the fabric choices out there, it wasn't easy making the best choice for this quilt.  While I like Civil War fabrics, I really (I mean really) have to take a break from them because I did several projects with them last year and have grown a bit tired of them.  I finally decided on Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.  For my Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt, I wanted to change to the other side of the spectrum from the Civil War theme and looked for fabrics with a 30s/vintage theme with a flair and, to me, Ruby fits the bill. 

Prior to my back injury (which is another story for another time) I was able to get one block sewn. 

Block 69: Practical Orchard
Farmer's Wife Sampler
I chose the Practical Orchard block because it was one that I could figrue out on my own how to cut without templates; plus, it looked like an easy one. 

This quilt will be my piecing project for the year.  Applique is my favorite quilting method but I also need to add a little piecing to mix it up : )

Thanks for sharing some time with me today and have a great week!

Until next time . . .

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment