Monday, April 23, 2012

In a Jinny Beyer Mood

Jinny Beyer is my most favorite quilt designer.  Well, to be honest, I call Jinny my quilting hero.  I admire her sense of style as well as what she does with color. 

As I've mentioned before, I belong to a small online quilting group and one of our activities this year is a Birthday Fat Quarter Swap.  We all get the opportunity to let each other know what our 'wish list' is, and this year I wished for Jinny Beyer fabrics, particularly fabrics from her Summer Lily line.  Why?  Well take a look:

Summer Lily by Jinny Beyer
I've had my eye on Jinny's Summer Lily quilt for some time.  Since I got a nice selection of fat quarters for my birthday, I can now add other fabrics to it and make this beautiful quilt. 

Summer Lily is offered as a free pattern on Jinny Beyer's website.  Jinny offers free block and quilt patterns on her web site and has them catagorized for beginner, intermediate and advanced quilters . . . so there is something for everyone!  If you are interested in making your very own Summer Lily quilt or want to browse and see what else Jinny has to offer, click HERE

I don't know when I will get the chance to start working on my Summer Lily quilt as I am scheduled for surgery on May 10th.  But, I am going to start gathering my fabrics and maybe start cutting : )

I hope your week is off to a great start and that you, too, are dreaming about making a beautiful quilt.

Until next time . . .

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment